Cent’anni di Nino Franco
1919 Antonio Franco founded the winery “Franco Antonio – Produttore e Negoziante in Vini” 1966 His son Giovanni, called Nino, changed the name into “Nino Franco di Franco Giovanni” and went on with the business producing white and red wines
1966 Il figlio Giovanni, detto Nino, cambia il nome in “Nino Franco di Franco Giovanni” e continua l’attività vinicola con produzione di vini bianchi e rossi
1971 Primo, who studied enology, began to work with his father in the winery focusing on the Prosecco production
1979 “Rustico” changed from “vino col fondo” into Charmat/Martinotti method
1982 Primo took over the business. He is considered a pioneer, being among the first ones who promoted Prosecco around Italy and the World.
1983 The “Primo Franco” Prosecco was born. It was the first one with the vintage on the label and signed by the winemaker
1991 His wife Annalisa joined Primo in the winery and they began together the adventure of the Grave di Stecca. After a mass selection of Glera from the existing vineyard, the vines were replanted in collaboration with Monsieur Guillaume, one of the greatest nurserymen in France
1999 The first harvest of “Vigneto della Riva di San Floriano”
2004 Villa Barberina, an eighteenth century villa inside the property of the Grave di Stecca vineyard, was bought and restored becoming a relais managed by Annalisa since 2008.
2006 Silvia, the fourth generation, followed the family tradition in the winery management
2014 The cooperation with Simonit & Sirch, master pruninguys, began
2015 “Nodi”, obtained by ancient vines, some of them ungrafted, was born from
”Col del Vent” vineyard
2019 Nino Franco celebrates his 100th Anniversary with all his friends, clients and partners!